Wingard's Proper Planting Techniques
1. Dig hole twice as wide and same depth as root ball.
2. Combine existing soil with a pot full of Daddy Pete’s Soil Enhancer for clay soil, or Daddy Pete’s Planting Mix for sandy soil. Add Bio-Tone Organic Plant Starter to the mixture per the instructions on the bag.
3. After loosening the root ball, place the plant and soil mixture in the hole, so that the top of the root ball is 1-2″ above ground level (the plant will settle over time).
4. Tamp down the soil, making sure there are no air pockets.
5. Water thoroughly and mulch the surface with pinestraw or Daddy Pete’s hardwood mulch.
It all starts with proper planting! Wingard’s wants you to be a successful gardener!